We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
3350 N. Union Blvd.,
(NE Corner of Union Blvd & Templeton Gap Rd)
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Phone: (719) 596-1819
Email: Send Message
Mon - Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
If you'd like help identifying a new bird to your backyard, please click on the link "Online Bird Identification Tool" above. It's a great resource we're offering customers and visitors to our website. Happy Birding!
• Great Backyard Bird Count, February 17 - 20, 2017, www.birdsource.org/gbbc
• Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• February is National Bird Feeding Month.
• Unfrozen, fresh water ensures survival; keep heated bird baths plugged in.
• Time to put up a bird house or clean your existing ones.
• Red-shafted Northern Flickers, our largest woodpecker, begin drilling holes for spring nesting. Put up a "flicker" specific nest box.
• Bluebirds are searching for nesting cavities or nest boxes. Insects and berries can be scarce; offer mealworms, dried fruit, sunflower chips and more.
• English House Sparrows and House Finches begin early nesting activity.
• Black Bear cubs are born at the beginning of the month.
• Squirrel mating season.
• Owls are the earliest nesters after beginning courtship in December and January. Listen for their nightly courtship serenades.
• Bobcat mating season.